Are you looking to be part of a growing and dynamic high end culinary company? Do you love a challenging fast paced work environment? We have an immediate opening for dedicated hard-working creative professionals to join our catering company. Located at IAH “George Bush International Airport”, Abby’s Catering provides food products to high end aviation customers and events.
“We’re feeding the top executives from world leading companies during their flight time within their executive/corporate jets. Creative, high quality food is our signature to the market of private aviation.”
This position requires flexibility. Early morning or late-night shifts, weekends and holidays worked. We’re servicing a flexible market and must be flexible ourselves.
- 1-2 years of experience in high volume a la carte cooking
- Quality hot food experience is a must
- Attention to detail, passionate for quality food products
- Ability to follow recipes and producing food according to specifications
- Good knowledge of food and hygiene standards, valid Food Handler Certificate is a must
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Food Cost awareness
- The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of superior quality food items according to
- Executes food preparation according to policy, procedure, and specifications
- Helps to control food cost by following proper food rotation procedures( FIFO)
- Helps to maintain workstation and overall kitchen cleanliness
- Ensures that products produced are to Abby’s Standards.
customer individual orders and up to company standards. He/she works closely with the Executive Chef, while meeting required food safety and quality standards.
Company Core Values:
Abby’s Catering strongly promotes and cultivates its company’s core values. It is necessary for all employees to internalize such five company core values.
By living these five company core values we’re creating a very strong company culture, building extremely creative and productive teams, that will increase the company’s’ efficiency, growth and consequently guarantee our competitiveness and employments.
(the easiest way to remember the five company core values) CATCH:
- Customer Driven
- Two weeks paid vacation after one year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Free employee meals
- Rewarding and fast paced workplace environment
- Personal gratification to work in such a niche business
- Yearly reviews, raises and year-end bonus potential all based on merit and job performance
“To continue to be the leading in-flight and corporate catering company serving the Houston Metro market by using locally sourced and sustainable raw ingredients, providing the MOST memorable and personalized attention to detail all while maintaining a fiscally sound budget.”
Full-time Salary: $12-14 an hour (depending on experience)
High school or equivalent
Culinary School preferred
2 years of high end a la carte food production e.g. Banquets, Events, larger Restaurants
Houston, TX 77032
High school or equivalent
High End A la carte Cooking: 2 years