Are you looking to be part of a growing and dynamic high end culinary company? Do you love a challenging fast paced work environment? We have an immediate opening for dedicated hard-working creative professionals to join our catering company. Located at IAH “George Bush International Airport”, Abby’s Catering provides food products to high end aviation customers.
- 1-2 years of experience in high volume quality food production environment
- Banquet experience as Garde Manger
- Attention to detail, passionate for quality food products
- Ability to follow recipes and producing food according to specifications
- Good knowledge of food and hygiene standards, valid Food Handler Certificate is a must
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Food Cost awareness
- Able to work cold room at 30 degrees!
The Garde Manger is responsible for the preparation of superior quality food items for the assembly lines in accordance with company standards. He/she is also responsible for training and overseeing the assembly lines, while meeting required food safety and quality standards.
- Executes food preparation according to policy, procedure, and specifications
- Helps to control food cost by following proper food rotation procedures( FIFO)
- Helps to maintain workstation and overall kitchen cleanliness
- Ensures that products produced are to Abby’s Standards.
Company Core Values:
Abby’s Catering strongly promotes and cultivates its company’s core values. It is necessary for all employees to internalize such five company core values.
By living these five company core values we’re creating a very strong company culture, building extremely creative and productive teams, that will increase the company’s’ efficiency, growth and consequently guarantee our competitiveness and employments.
(the easiest way to remember the five company core values) CATCH:
- Customer Driven
- 1 week paid vacation after one year
- Employee Referral Bonus $100 (paid after 3 months of the new hire’s employment)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Free employee meals
- Rewarding and fast paced workplace environment
- Personal gratification to work in such a niche business
- Yearly reviews, raises and year-end bonus potential all based on merit and job performance
Our Mission: “To continue to be the leading in-flight and corporate catering company serving the Houston Metro market by using locally sourced and sustainable raw ingredients, providing the MOST memorable and personalized attention to detail all while maintaining a fiscally sound budget.”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on the experience