Sanitation employees will clean and maintain production areas, warehouse aisles, kitchen areas, assist in general cleaning of the whole facility. Assist in collecting trash in the whole facility.
- Clean and maintain production areas, kitchens, warehouse aisles and collect trash in the offices & restrooms
- Required to clean with use of water hose, push brooms, mops, and cleaning chemicals for the floor and for worktables.
- Wash all cooking tools including pots, pan, trays etc. used in the kitchen and production areas.
- Remove all cooking ingredients, vegetables, sauce, seasoning on the flat surfaces like tables, counters in the production area and kitchen with cleaning supplies and scrubber.
- May clean and maintain facility through use of disinfecting products
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Work experience in a sanitation or similar role in a distribution environment is preferred.
- Ability to understand and speak English is preferred.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing activities for the production equipment and plant areas according to the sanitation schedule.
- Cleans and sanitizes the following equipment: pots and pans, production floors and tables other equipment as directed.
- Performs general cleaning throughout the facility, including but not limited to overheads, air vents, light fixtures, restrooms, lunchrooms, offices, and conference room. As well as wash and sanitize floor drain strips, and production machinery.
- Uses required chemicals as indicated in the work instructions.
- Disassembles equipment using the correct tools and following proper procedures to prevent equipment damage and to assure the equipment is cleaned properly.
- Keep the work area clean. Perform cleaning of area assigned.
- Provide suggestions to improve the process, procedures, and department in support of company goals
- Follow GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance with the HACCP program.
- Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must be reliable and have a reliable means of commuting to work
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of employees in production
- Must have experience working in the food industry.