We’re looking forward to increasing our culinary team with extraordinary new talent!
Location: Abby’s Catering – 2700 Greens Rd., Houston, TX, 77032 (adjacent to George Bush Intercontinental Airport)
Reports to: Lead Expeditor, CSR Manager
Abby’s Catering has been providing one-of-a-kind culinary and hospitality experience since opening in 1980. Our customers are high profile passengers visiting or residing in Houston. Celebrities, government officials, head of states, secretaries, industry leaders, all traveling out of Houston aboard private, corporate, and commercial aircrafts are part of Abby’s valued circle of customers. Abby’s also provides exclusive gourmet delights for corporate offices, private and corporate events as well as food service management contracts.
Our Expeditor is coordinating the production flow to ensure on time deliveries to the highest customer satisfaction, what is the signature of Abby’s Catering: On Time Delivery & Complete Orders!
We work in a fast-paced environment that requires elevated levels of flexibility from the Expeditor. Early start hours may be required as well as late hours. This is not a nine to five job, and our management team is very eager and engaged to increase our market share. We’re a fast-growing company that needs highly motivated and team players. The Expeditor is a hands-on character that manages day to day challenges and covers shifts as needed.
- Attention to detail, clear understanding of complete check of on all orders to be expedited
- Flexible work hours, available to work early and late shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Ownership of the assigned area: the Expeditor takes full responsibility of his/her assigned area and manages the assembly and dispatch of the orders during his/her shift
- Self-starter with willingness to improve the business processes to the ultimate perfection
- Ability to manage inventory and FIFO
- Innovation and creativity to set Abby’s apart from the competition
- Customer relationship management to secure long lasting partnerships
- Highly organized
- Food safety management (internal audits 90% pass, all external audits pass – County, City etc.)
- Experience with the food service industry (fine dining, high end events, cafeteria food concepts)
- Experience with restaurant software applications: Point Of Sales systems Expeditor
- Computer savvy (specifically Excel, QuickBooks)
- Good knowledge of food safety regulation for the industry
- ServeSafe certified, or any other food safety certification that is recognized by the local health department
- Customer service driven (ability to establish positive and long-lasting relationships with the customer(s)
- Organize the sequence of orders for the shift
- Schedule and dispatch drivers for the shift to ensure on time deliveries
- Making sure all orders are complete and checked item by item and packaged to standards
- Assign side jobs for drivers during down times
- Ensure workstations are clean, neat, and organized after shift closing
- Help the delivery drivers as needed to bring out deliveries on time
- Complete shopping lists, picking up items at designated vendors, supermarkets etc.
We’re strengthening our organization daily, based on our 5 company core values:
Company Core Values:
(the easiest way to remember the seven company core values) CATCH
- Customer Driven
Memorize the seven company core values!