Abby’s Catering – 2700 Greens Rd., Houston, TX, 77032 (adjacent to George Bush Intercontinental Airport)
Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org (281) 442 – 8120
Abby’s Catering has been providing one-of-a-kind culinary and hospitality experience since opening in 1980. Our customers are high profile passengers visiting or residing in Houston. Celebrities, government officials, head of states, secretaries, industry leaders, all traveling out of Houston aboard private, corporate, and commercial aircrafts are part of Abby’s valued circle of customers. Abby’s also provides exclusive gourmet delights for corporate offices, private and corporate events. Abby’s also operates a Food Service Management division, servicing Class A office buildings, Training Centers and Lone Star College Education System campus cafeterias.
Abby’s food creations are a “passport” to a culinary journey of cultural and diverse preferences. Innovation, trend setting menus, highest customer satisfaction is the signature of Abby’s Catering.
Our culinary team will make sure our customers enjoy an unforgettable dining experience.
The Human Resources Director will be responsible for planning, leading, directing, developing and coordinating the policies, activities and of the Human Resources Department. This role will be responsible for ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the Abby’s mission and talent strategy.
This position is a true contributor to the company’s growth!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities.
- Excellent influential, negotiation and coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite software.
- Proficient with or ability to quickly learn Paylocity HRIS.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Bilingual Engl./Span. is a must
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of recruiting experience
- Certified Internet Recruiter (CIR) preferred – Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) through the Society for Human Resources Management preferred
- Recruiting experience in the food, hospitality, airline industry preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department.
Company Core values:
Abby’s Catering strongly promotes and cultivates its company core values.
(The easiest way to remember the five company core values – CATCH )
- Customer Driven
Memorize the five company core values!
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive but is merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.