We create memorable, even amazing, experiences every day!
Are you looking to be part of a growing and dynamic high-end culinary team? Do you love a challenging, fast-paced work environment?
We have an immediate opening for dedicated, dependable, hard-working, creative professionals to join our airline catering company—located at Houston InterContinental Airport.
Abby’s Aircraft Catering provides the best quality food products to high-end aviation and commercial airline customers, and we are looking for a dedicated Food Production Supervisor.
This position leads the food production employees on assigned shifts to ensure production guidelines are being met within established timing, quality, food safety, and cost standards. Trains, directs, coaches, and leads the assigned production shift in the day-to-day operations to meet production, safety, and quality requirements.
- Leadership, Management and Accountability
- Following the production protocol (e.g. FIFO, food inventory check etc.)
- Conduct shift start and end meetings
- On time delivery of all products meeting the Kitchen Departure Times for all flights
- Complying with all Food safety requirements, including daily traceability documentation
- Log daily HACCP records, review HACCP data for accuracy, and document deviations
- Enforce personal hygiene practices and all food safety programs
- Assist to provide food safety training to front line employees
- Control wastage of food products
- Manage the assigned shift labor cost (e.g. overtime control and reduction)
- Quality of product must exceed the expectations and specifications
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, and organized work area
- Maintain a positive and cooperative work environment with all employees and departments
- Perform any other assigned activities and administrative duties
- Be a self-starter who works independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a cold environment (41 F cold room) daily for an extended amount of time.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Bilingual English / Spanish (for verbal communication only)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to read and interpret loading instructions, diagrams, and food menu specifications; being well versed in Microsoft Office
- Highly flexible and analytical, pro-active team player
- Excellent knowledge of food and hygiene standards, valid Food Handler Certificate is a must (e.g., SERV Safe).
- Meticulous time management skills with the ultimate attention to detail
- High School degree or equivalent
- Airline Catering industry knowledge is a plus
Company Core Values:
(the easiest way to remember the seven company core values) CATCH
- Customer Driven
Memorize the five company core values!
“To continue to be the leading in-flight and corporate catering company serving the Houston & Dallas Metro market by using locally sourced and sustainable raw ingredients, providing the most memorable and personalized attention to detail all while maintaining a fiscally sound budget.”