Minimum requirement: CDL “B” with air-brake endorsement
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org P: (281) 442-8120
Location: Abby’s Aircraft Catering – DFW International Airport
Full Time, $18.00 – $20.00 an hour depending on qualification
Must pass a 10 years Federal background check to qualify for an Airport access ID
Reports to: DFW Operation Supervisor
This job requires schedule flexibility including weekends and holidays, late and early hours.
Safety is number ONE! Ramp Safety on the airport is the highest priority! Are you looking to be part of a growing and dynamic high end culinary company? Do you love a challenging fast paced work environment? We have an immediate opening for dedicated hard-working creative professionals to join our catering company. Located at DFW Airport, Abby’s Aircraft Catering provides food products to high end commercial aviation customers and we’re looking for the safest catering high-loader driver.
- Must be eligible for a Dallas DFW Airport System ID card (pass 10 years federal background check, pass several tests in English for airport specific rules and regulations)
- Valid driver license with driving experience is a prerequisite; CDL class B with air-brake endorsement
- 1-2 years of truck driving experience (35,000 lbs GVW)
- Excellent presentation and communication
- Fluent English speaker, bilingual Spanish speaking is a big plus
- Ability to read and interpret loading instructions, diagrams
- Highly flexible and analytical, pro-active player
- Good knowledge of food safety standards, valid Food Handler Certificate is a must (e.g. ServSafe)
- Meticulous time manager with the ultimate attention to detail, NO aircraft departure is allowed to delay due to catering delivery
- Job description includes partially working in cold room environment and physical work like pushing carts and lifting weight daily, upkeeping trucks, washing, basic maintenance
The catering high-loader driver pre-inspects his/her truck and loads the catering provision at the catering facility according to the company’s instructions and diagrams. The catering load must be checked off for completeness. After the trucks are sealed by a third party security company, the driver drives through the security gates into the airport’s sterile area and performs the aircraft catering provision according to all ramp safety requirements. The catering high-loader reaches to the height of the aircraft door and the exchange of food and equipment carts and carriers is performed by the driver. When the catering operation is completed, driver returns to the base, offloads and sanitizes his/her truck and assists with internal tasks in the catering facility (e.g. assembling equipment carts, sorting/polishing catering equipment, restocking merchandise etc.). He/she ensures:
- That all products are loaded to Customer specifications and to Abby’s Standards
- That the catering operation runs under the highest airport safety standards
- That the exchange of the catering delivery is done in the most professional and efficient way
- That all interaction with the flight crew(s) or airport station personal is done in a perfect manner and that Abby’s Aircraft Catering customer services outmatches all competition
- The delivery is on-time and complete; all process deadlines are fulfilled
- That all auxiliary tasks that are assigned are completed with the highest productivity level and accuracy and detail
Company Core Values:
Abby’s Catering strongly promotes and cultivates its company core values. It is necessary for all employees to internalize such five company core values.
- Customer Driven
(The easiest way to remember the five company core values) CATCH
Memorize the five company core values!